A message to the WA Ultimate Community about COVID-19
As COVID-19 continues to spread around the world and the number of cases within Australia increases we would like to remind you of your responsibilities to look after yourself and this community.
We are here to spread the love, not panic so let’s keep informed and take care of each other. The health and safety of our members is always our priority.
As members of the flying disc community, we are trained to avoid contact and we are trained to self-referee. We can apply our training to watch out for each at all times.
To assist our members with decision making in regards to events during this time, at this stage, the following measures are in place:
- All WA Ultimate Sanctioned events will be on hold until the end of April
- The current Perth Ultimate League will continue to run and conclude with finals this week.
- The start of the next Perth Ultimate League #73 will be delayed until the end of April
- The High School Championships are currently being postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.
It is advised that
- Clubs training for nationals should adopt safe practices for their training schedules and ensure they follow updates from the AFDA in regards to AUC DI and AUC DII events.
- Clubs hosting leagues/pick up/training should keep members informed on safe practices and monitor relevant government websites to keep updated.
Please consider not only your own health but the situation of others and the risk associated before attending events.
● Do not attend games/training if you are not feeling well
● Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds; before and after eating as well as after going to the toilet.
● If you cough or sneeze – do not cover your mouth with your hand. Use your elbow or a tissue.
● Dispose of the tissue and wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser after.
● Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose with unwashed or gloved hands.
● Keep your distance (1.5m) from anyone with flu-like symptoms.
● Do not be offended if other players do not want to high-five, shake hands or make close contact during spirit circles.
IF IN DOUBT, SIT IT OUT.
● Follow health department advice
● Practice good hygiene & social distancing including:
○ washing hands thoroughly and frequently with soap
○ Coughing/ sneezing into your elbow
○ Elbow bumps instead of high fives
○ Maintain distance in Spirit and team huddles
○ Attempt to keep a distance of 1.5m between yourself and others
There is the possibility that the situation could change rapidly and we urge you to take this into account.
Keep up to date with local advice: