Western Regionals is the WA State Ultimate Championships. This event has been running in it's current form since 2007. Held in March each year, this is WA's separate gender event and is also the recognised qualification tournament for teams wishing to compete at the Australian Ultimate Championships or for those teams heading to Division II Australian Ultimate Championships.
This event is open to anyone wishing to take part. Please register here.
Venue: Gloucester Park, Margaret River (Western Oval).
Date: Saturday 4th March and Sunday 5th March 2017
Time: 9:00am start each day (Schedule to be determined based on team numbers)
Cost: $60.00 per player
Includes: Field hire, bbq dinner on Saturday, prizes, insurance.
Team and player registration closes 13th February, 2017 and full team payments are due February 20th, 2017
Official Facebook event can be found here.
Head to this website to find accommodation as well as other things to see and do after Regionals has concluded.
This is a state championship event as and as such standard expectations apply, each team will need to:
- Each team will need to appoint a Spirit Captain
- All players on your roster MUST have their STANDARD rules accreditation and a minimum of 6 MUST have the advanced accreditation (this must include your Captain and Spirit Captain).
Didn't save your certificate? If you log in http://rules.wfdf.org/userprofile then click user profile you will your ID number that will align with your accreditation status. In order to check your status you will need download the WFDF Rules Accreditation Registry (click the accrediation tab). In the downloaded excel document type in your ID number and get the required information. Not accredited? You will need to register first here: http://rules.wfdf.org/register/ then complete your accreditation.
Spirit Captain Information
The Spirit Captain role is separate from the role of Team Captain or Team Manager and must be registered by December 14th.
About the Spirit Captain:
- The tasks of the Spirit Captain are only undertaken when they are OFF THE FIELD
- The Spirit Captain should ensure they access to a copy of the current WFDF and tournament specific rules with them on the side line
- Coordinate the discussion and collection of the Spirit score for the opposing team following each match
- Be the point of contact for your team for all matters relating to Spirit of the Game
- They may be required to discuss the level of spirit in the game with the opposing teams Spirit Captain and then share Spirit Scores with them (if requested)
- The Spirit Captain may call a Spirit Timeout
- They should have an excellent knowledge of the current rule set, and also a good understanding of its application (they should hold the WFDF Rules Advanced Accredited status)
- They do not hold the position of Team Captain or Team Manager
- They should be a senior player within the team, such that all other players will respect and listen to them if needed
- They should be able to maintain a clear, calm, objective view of the game
- They should be willing and able to approach opposing Spirit Captains and their own players, and communicate clearly and respectfully in a pressure situation.
Payment is accepted via TEAM PAYMENT ONLY. Payment is due by Monday 20th February, 2017. Late fee of $50 per team will applicable after this date.
Account Name: WA Flying Disc Association
Account Number: 0406723
This is a specific tournament account, it is NOT the same as our everyday account of League payment account. PLEASE TAKE CARE WHEN MAKING YOUR PAYMENT FOR THIS EVENT.