WA FLYING DISC ASSOCIATION
STRATEGIC PLAN 2021-2023
This strategic plan relates to the WA Flying Disc Association Incorporated (WAFDA) which is a registered association under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015. The Association operates with a voluntary executive committee and oversees the administration of Ultimate leagues and tournaments throughout Western Australia. It is affiliated with the Australian Flying Disc Association Limited (AFDA).
The branding "WA Ultimate" refers to the flying disc sport: Ultimate and accepts the responsibility to develop Ultimate at all levels across WA, this includes governance and sport development including player and coaching pathways.
An incorporated association for flying disc sports in Western Australia. Its definition, objectives and overriding rules are contained in its constitution. The primary objectives are repeated here:
- To promote interest and growth in FLYING DISC play.
- To actively promote a spirit of goodwill and friendship for all people involved in the activities of FLYING DISC play.
- To assist in the promotion and running of local FLYING DISC clubs
- To make the community and all governments aware of the benefits of FLYING DISC play an outdoor leisure activity and as a sport.
- To do all things and acts conducive to the furtherance of the objects and interests of the Association.
- To continue affiliation to the National governing body, being the Australian Flying Disc Association Limited.
This Strategic Plan sets forth the Vision, Mission, Strategic Pillars, Values, Priority Areas, Initiatives and Expected Outcomes for WAFDA for a three year period. This document has been developed after extensive consultation and input from a broad cross-section of WAFDA/WA Ultimate Stakeholders including the Australian Flying Disc Association.
This document outlines the direction that the association would like to head in the next three years, however, it is a 'living' document and it will progressively change as the association grows. The WAFDA committee welcomes any feedback that members may have.
Input has been received through a number of means however the majority of input has been via the following:
- Pre-Strategic Planning Survey
- Multiple Strategic Planning and Analysis Meetings held throughout 2020-2021
- Strategic Plan Revision and board endorsement