To grow and improve the sport of Ultimate adn flying disc sports for all in Western Australia.
As an organisation WAFDA/WA Ultimate will demonstrate leadership in development, community involvement, participation and performance
This strategic plan relates to the WA Flying Disc Association Incorporated (WAFDA) which is a registered association under the Associations Incorporation Act 1987. The Association operates with a voluntary executive committee and oversees the administration of Ultimate leagues and tournaments throughout Western Australia. It is affiliated to the Australian Flying Disc Association (AFDA).
The branding "WA Ultimate" refers to the flying disc sport: Ultimate and accepts the responsibility to develop Ultimate at all levels across WA, this includes governance and sport development including player and coaching pathways.
An incorporated association for flying disc sports in Western Australia. Its definition, objectives and overriding rules are contained in its constitution. The primary objectives are repeated here:
- To promote interest in FLYING DISC play,
- To actively promote a spirit of goodwill and friendship for all people involved in the activities of FLYING DISC play,
- To make the community and all governments aware of the benefits of FLYING DISC play as an outdoor leisure activity and as a sport,
- To assist in the promotion and running of local FLYING DISC clubs,
- To conduct state championships annually and such other tournaments as deemed necessary,
- To do all things and acts conducive to the furtherance of the objects and interests of the Association.
- To continue affiliation to the National governing body, being the Australian Flying Disc Association Incorporated.
This Strategic Plan sets forth the Vision, Mission, Key Results Areas, Outcomes, Key Performance Indicators, Responsibility and associated timelines for WA Ultimate for a three year period. This document has been developed after extensive consultation and input from a broad cross section of WAFDA/WA Ultimate Stakeholders including the Australian Flying Disc Association.
Input has been received through a number of means however the majority of input has been via the following:
- Pre-Strategic Planning Survey
- Strategic Planning and Analysis Meeting held annually
- Revision and board endorsement