It is time to get HO HO HOrizonal!
WA Ultimate presents The Santa’s Hat 2020 on Wednesday 16th December.
Time: 6:15 pm arrival to announce teams, 6:30 pm start game 1.
Location: UWA Sports Park, McGillivray Rd.
WAFDA Awards 8.30 pm at the Wembley Hotel
All leagues have finished for the year so join us for some fun, bring a friend for a great social night out before we present the annual WAFDA awards.
Who can register?
Any WA member, however, preference will be given to those who are registered to PUL 74 (should we reach our limit).
Maximum participation number is 144 (72 male, 72 females)
8 person per team (4 males, 4 females)
Cost: 1 x Donation item for our Charity drive (such as canned foods, toiletries etc) You are not limited to donating 1 single item, get generous if you are in a position to do so.
Hat Style 5-a-side (format may be altered based on final registration numbers)
Individual registration format, your name goes into the “hat” and teams are selected randomly.
Field size will be adjusted to suit team numbers.
Each team will play 3 x 20-minute timed games.
These games are timed hard and fast when the siren goes the game is OVER. Do not finish the point, do not pass go. Shake hands, quick Spirit circle and then move on to your next game.
How to register?
Complete the link here.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable running attire, appropriate footwear (sneakers or footy boots), water bottle.
You will either be on a light team or a dark team each game so it is vital you bring along two shirts for this purpose. Light = White or Yellow and Dark = Navy blue or Black.
Grey is neither light nor dark, please, don’t be that person.
For 2020 WA Ultimate is looking to support these organisations:
Foodbank is Australia’s largest food relief organisation, operating on a scale that makes it crucial to the work of the front line charities that are feeding vulnerable Australians. Foodbank provides 77 million meals a year (210,000 meals a day) to more than 2,600 charities around the country, accounting for 79% of all food received by charities from food rescue organisations.
- Essentials Collective
Essentials for Women & Basics for Blokes is a campaign that aims to generate donations of underwear, and essential toiletry items to enhance the wellbeing and dignity for women and men in crisis or in need in our community.
What can I donate?
Note: items need to be new and unopened to be accepted.
The Essentials Collective
(Combines two initiatives: Essentials for Women and Basics for Blokes)
- Canned Foods - soups, veggies, fruit
- Long-life milk
- Spreads and Jams
- Tea and Coffee
- Pasta Sauces
Santa’s Hat Rules of Play
Standard Ultimate rules of play will apply except there will be some way to earn extra points when you score. Only one of these special rules are in play for any point – no combining for mega scores.
Example: You can score two (2) points from a Naughty OR a successful Christmas Tree point. You will not get four (4) points for a Naughty score during the pre-called Christmas Tree point.
- Christmas Tree – Each team gets one (1) Christmas Tree point per game. Nominate you're playing your "Christmas Tree" before the start of the point and if your team scores then that goal is worth two (2) points.
- Rudolph – Each team gets one (1) Rudolph point per game. Nominate the player on your team (before the point starting) who will be Rudolph for that point and if your designated Rudolph catches the score then that goal is worth two (2) points.
- Santa’s Helper – Each team gets one (1) Santa’s Helper point per game. Nominate the player on your team (before the point starting) who will be the thrower for that point and if your Santa’s Helper throws the score then that goal is worth two (2) points.
- Mistletoe – Each team gets one (1) Mistletoe point per game. Call “Mistletoe” before the point starting and then whichever team scores the goal (that’s right, it could be the opposition) then that goal is worth two (2) points.
- The Naughty – any goal scored from an official upside-down throw is worth two (2) points. Valid all game, official upside-down throws included are a Hammer or a Scooba.
- The Nice – when each member from your team touches the disc (throw or catch) within the same single possession within a point is worth two (2) points. If there is a turnover you must start the chain of contact again. Valid all game.