The WA Ultimate Committee are proud to present Phoenix Has Risen 2014. This event is open to all WA teams wishing to take part and is recognised as the the official seeding event for WA teams wanting to qualify for the Australian Mixed Ultimate Championships.
When: September 6th and 7th (Saturday and Sunday)
Time: 9.00am – 5.00 pm (Both days)
Venue: John XIII College, Mt Claremont.
Format: Mixed 4:3 gender split
Includes: Insurance, field hire, Lunch for 2 days, fruit, sunscreen and prizes.
Cost: $55 per person (2 days) $30 (1 day)
Registration is open now!
For Phoenix Has Rise 2014 all players on your roster MUST be STANDARD rules accredited and a minimum of 6 MUST have the advanced accreditation (this number must include your Captain).
Players can gain accreditation at http://rules.wfdf.org/accreditation
Players can register to login at http://rules.wfdf.org/register/
Not sure if your accreditation is current? Check here:
1) Go to http://rules.wfdf.org/accreditation/accreditation-registry
2) Download the WFDF Accreditation Registry spreadsheet
Appoint a Spirit Captain
The Spirit Captain role is separate from the role of Team Captain and Team Manager.
About the Spirit Captain:
- The tasks of the Spirit Captain are only undertaken when they are OFF THE FIELD
- The Spirit Captain should ensure they access to a copy of the current WFDF and tournament specific rules with them on the side line
- Coordinate the discussion and collection of the Spirit score for the opposing team following each match
- Be the point of contact for your team for all matters relating to Spirit of the Game
- They may be required to discuss the level of spirit in the game with the opposing teams Spirit Captain and then share Spirit Scores with them (if requested)
- The Spirit Captain may call a Spirit Timeout
- They should have an excellent knowledge of the current rule set, and also a good understanding of its application (they should hold the WFDF Rules Advanced Accredited status)
- They do not hold the position of Team Captain or Team Manager
- They should be a senior player within the team, such that all other players will respect and listen to them if needed
- They should be able to maintain a clear, calm, objective view of the game
- They should be willing and able to approach opposing Spirit Captains and their own players, and communicate clearly and respectfully in a pressure situation.
We are also happy to announce that we will be running the North vs. South game. So if you would like to be a participant in this showcase game please sign up!!
Team registration closes on the 14th August, Individual registration closes on the 30th August (Any registration after these date will result in you not receiving a player pack)
Payments are due as one team payment (No individual payments accepted) into the WAFDA events account.
Pay fees by EFT to:
Account Name: WA Flying Disc Association
Account Number: 0406723